When cooking your own meals, it’s important to have the proper tools at your disposal in the kitchen, so that meal preps go according to plan! One thing to remember, however, is that not all kitchen gadgets are worth it. Some of them are more likely to end up collecting dust on a shelf in your house. To make your kitchen both effective and efficient, here are some of our recommended kitchen gadgets. If you want a kitchen that’s filled with good value items, this read is for you!
- Pressure cookers (similar to an Instant Pot) are definitely essentials for every kitchen. A pressure cooker is very practical because it can cook a meal faster than an ordinary slow cooker. There’s no excuse not to go for a home-cooked meal even on busy nights because the pressure cooker gets the job done.
- Air fryers are small, concentrated ovens that produce crisp skin-on fries, meats, veggies, and more without the oil of frying food. It’s a healthier option for cooking, and it allows you to prep food faster, too!
- No kitchen is complete without a blender. But if big bulky blenders aren’t your thing, you can opt for a small blender like a Ninja or Nutribullet, or even an immersion blender instead. These blenders are smaller and easier to manage and can make individual portions, too.
- Waffle irons are amazing for making waffles, but they can do other things, too! You can cook hash browns, omelets, grilled cheese, and even cookies in a waffle iron. A waffle iron is a great multi-purpose tool you’ll use often!
- A wok is a sauté pan that has a rounded bottom and smooth sides. You can always stick to a few pots and pans, but if you plan to make stir-fry, sauces, soups, etc., a wok is an absolute way to go. Their long handles let you hold it over a burner and shake and stir the food inside, heating the ingredients quickly and evenly. It requires practice to use a wok; but, once you’ve got it down, it will be very useful to you.
- Do you like avocados? If so, your kitchen will need an avocado slicer! Take it slow when opening and slicing those slippery avocados. Using a knife can sometimes lead to small accidents. An avocado slicer is the safer way not only to open an avocado but to remove the pit and shell and create perfect-sized slices, too.
- Do you make use of canned food whenever you cook? Then your kitchen will benefit from a simple but essential canopener. Get yourself one that is good quality and affordable. Getting the cheaper ones will only come back to bite you later down the road. They are not reliable, and will easily break or fail in a matter of weeks or months. Get one that will last you years.
- Finally, give your kitchen the gift it didn’t know it needed — a swivel peeler. If you are constantly cooking potatoes, squash, carrots, and other vegetables, this is something you need. You need a quality peeler that will not give your hand any problems but will slice through a vegetable’s thick outer skin like butter. What a swivel peeler does is it automatically adjusts to the angle of your hand while you peel so that every stroke ensures a clean and efficient peel.
Is the kitchen your primary objective in a home? Don’t forget to ask about it when speaking with our Livingston property managers about our available rental homes.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.